Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Week two

Well, my second week in sunny California started with a trip to the annual Yahoo! summer picnic held this year at Blackberry Farm. It was fun, the food was good, the weather was fantastic, however the abundance of kids did make you feel that the focus was on them and not you.

Home sweet home
My next adventure was to move to my new home in Menlo Park where I'll be spending the rest of my time here. It's a lovely 3 bedroom house shared with two fabulous girls, one of whom immediately invited me out for dinner with some of her friends.


We are planning a house meal next wednesday, they both love to cook - I'm so lucky! I've offered to contribute a nice bottle of wine and my prowess at packing the dishwasher :)


Giants
So, in appreciation of the hard work that the interns in the group I'm working with have done (all of one week for me), we were invited to be entertained in the "Diamond Suite" at the home stadium of the San Francisco Giants. Not having any prior knowledge of baseball apart from playing it a few times in high school, I said sure.


We were fortunate to have the best seats in the house, well according to Dan, the guy in the picture who was kindly explaining the game to me. Yahoo! must like us :)

Work, work and more work
There was plenty of that going on, mostly in meeting rooms named after Vegas nightclubs and some of it was in our cubes, where we're identified by our Yahoo! star.


Swag
The week ended with an Intern product fair where representatives from all the different 'properties' within Yahoo! came to demo their stuff, give the interns freebies and try to nab them for jobs. I've now got a Yahoo! baseball cap, laptop light, deck of cards, swiss army knife, keyrings, sports bottle plus numerous t-shirts, pens and stickers and a copy of "Bridget Jones' Diary" (why?). It will be hard to forget my time here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home