Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Oriel Commemoration Ball

Every year, four or five of the colleges traditionally put on a white tie ball in 9th week of Trinity. These are very big events and generally an elaborate night to remember. This year, the MBA en masse decided that the Oriel Ball was the one to go to. Oriel College is a beautiful old college which was officially founded in 1326 by King Edward II. Of note, Oriel College was home to scholars such as John Keble, Sir Walter Raleigh, Cecil Rhodes and Samuel Wilberforce.

But, last night, it became transformed into Rome, New York and Delhi. Here is an insight into the night...

We started with dinner at Malmaison.

which used to be an old prison...

Then on to the ball

which rocked

Grace and I got busted

A few of us made it to the survivor photo

which was around breakfast time

then walked home


It was a really good night :)

Update: Here is a link to the Official Survivors photo site

1 Comments:

Blogger -tvu said...

Congratulations!!! Job well done. Now just strive to be famous, instead of infamous. hehe... When will you be in Northern Cali for your intern?

11:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home