Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Monday, July 24, 2006

A real live sighting

Things to do in the City of Angels
  • go start spotting... check
Ok, so I wasn't exactly in LA when I saw Anthony Stewart Head otherwise known as the librarian, Giles, in the cult hit Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was actually in the queue to get on to an airplane bound for LA that I made the sighting. He was about half a dozen people in front of me until I lost sight of him when he was whisked off, presumably into the first class carriage.

California
I have made it here. And what is the first thing that I do upon arriving at my hotel at 03:00 in the morning (my time, it's actually 18:00 here)? Have a shower? Go to sleep? Get annoyed by the fact that I arrived in San Jose airport and my luggage didn't? No, check out the free internet access and update my blog. I am a sad bunny!

I've discovered what I've left behind though. It's the most useful gadget that I've ever owned. It's a USB memory stick with a slot for an SD card on the other. It makes loading pictures from my camera to my laptop a doddle. And pictures are what make this blog interesting so I'd better find a replacement pdq!

Musings
Have you ever noticed that the internet now knows where in the world you are when you connect? I just did a quick search on SD card readers and everything that came back was located in the US. If I'd done the same search 12 hours earlier, most of the hits would have been in the UK. Are the machines getting more clever?

I really should get some sleep...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bravo for diligent bloging, u got an audience out there

2:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are finally in the US and doing your SCP. Have a great time!

Tim's Mom

6:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed the internet has worked out where we are just the other day as well. Apparently it is done using the IP address and resolving through the various ISP nearby...but it didnt used to be possible so they must of changed something

8:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home