Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

St. Hugh's BBQ

I've been underground for the last week - I had one assignment worth 35% of my grade due on Friday, two worth 50% and 70% due on Monday and one worth 50% of my grade due on Tuesday. Phew. I am now proof that it is possible to only sleep a handful of hours each night for extended periods of time. And that you can get through more work than you thought possible! I think I'll wait a week before reading through what I submitted... or maybe I'll just wait for my grade - yikes!

BBQ
We've had some great experiences over the year visiting friends colleges and eating meals in their beautiful dining halls so a bunch of MBA's at St. Hugh's decided to return the favour. We rented the BBQ outside the MCR, got loads of food delivered and invited 100 or so of our closest friends.

It's funny how things change, yet some things remain the same. Here's a photo that I took at the BBQ yesterday...


Here's one that I took at the MCR BBQ in week 0 of Michaelmas...


I'd like to say that we look older and wiser, but nah, I don't think so. What it does say is that we've made some good friends over the year and I hope that we will manage to stay in touch once this madness is over.

It was a lovely evening...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home