Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Friday, July 21, 2006

T-2 and counting

Today is Friday and I leave for California on Sunday so only two days to go. All of you who know me will be able to imagine how hard this last week has been for me, knowing that my entire team is in California getting to know the folk at Yahoo! and enjoying the California lifestyle and I've been stuck here in Oxford hanging out and trying to do what work I can in the meantime. It's been tough but the end is now in sight. Yippee!

I can't wait. The report back so far is that the guys are having a great time and they all say that I will *love* being at Yahoo! I've also sorted out a place to stay for the month on August in Menlo Park (thanks Jess) which is supposed to be lovely so everything is all set.

It hasn't been all bad though, I'm managed to catch up with some friends and enjoy a bit of the beautiful British summer. Oxford certainly does English summer in style!


Now all that is left is for me pack my stuff tomorrow and buying some knick-knacks to take with me to the US of A! Hurrah!

1 Comments:

Blogger -tvu said...

Congratulations! Blog the rest of the adventure on the West coast in northern cali.

2:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home