Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Summer's coming

Tomorrow is my last exam for Trinity though sadly, not my last MBA exam. This means that I still need to be wearing my pink carnation and have to wait until our September Final before I can wear the red.

SCP Blog
Our class has started a blog to record our summer adventures. We are all doing a project with a company in teams of four during the summer and some of us will be going to exotic places like Slough, India and Paris. Others will be staying in Oxford, enjoying the British summer, punting, drinking Pimms, playing croquet...

Bookmark our SCP News 2006 site to keep up-to-date.

Yahoo! SCP
You will probably have noticed a marked lack of posts about our SCP, that's because I'm trying not to be negative about the whole thing which has turned out to be much more trouble than initially expected. From LOA to Visa issues and everything in between, if there could be a hitch, there was. As it stands, it is unlikely that I will be able to go to California before the beginning of August and I would almost prefer to do a 15 month MBA than continue down this track. Watch this space to find out what happens!

Stockholm
With SCP woes, exam pressures and more 5000 word assignments than you can shake a stick at, I desperately need a break. The plan, should it come off, is to leave my Strategy Implementation exam tomorrow, cross the road and catch the bus to the airport. From there I plan to fly out to Stockholm on the 19:05 plane and spend a week relaxing, playing tennis, watching England beat whoever they're playing in the football and catching up with my friend Johan. Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home