Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rant about Dell

Grr...

Last Sunday morning when I woke up and switched on my laptop to check my mail, I was puzzled that I could only see the screen of my laptop very dimly. After having some coffee, I became convinced that it wasn't my eyes, but something was very definately wrong with my screen.

I call Dell and discover that they only operate 8 to 8, Mon to Sat. Fair enough. I call again on Monday morning and here is a running commentary of the progress.

/begin rant


Customer service rep Date/Time What happened
N/A All day 5-Feb Checked the DELL website and followed all their self-diagnosing advice. There is definitely a technical problem with my screen.
Didn’t get name 11:30/6-Feb Rep answered the phone and told me that all the technicians are busy.So he took my name and number and promised to call me back.
Chris 14:30/ 6-Feb Spoke with a technician who agreed that the screen needed to be repaired.Told me that he would schedule an engineer to come the next day between 9am and 5pm.
Engineer 09:00/7-Feb Engineer called and said that he would be along between 14:30 and 15:30.Fine.
Rhoda17:37/ 7-FebEngineer didn’t turn up. Called Dell to find out what happened. Rhoda promises to escalate and get back to me.
Suresh 08:52/ 8-Feb Rhoda doesn’t call. I speak with Suresh who promises to escalate the issue and get back to me.
Carol10:30/ 8-FebNo word from Suresh. I ask Carol for to speak with a supervisor so that I can raise a formal complaint. Supervisor is busy. Carol tells me that the engineer is scheduled to come today and that she will follow up and call me within an hour.
Engineer10:31/ 8-FebEngineer company calls me while I’m on the phone with Carol and leaves a message saying they will be by before 13:00 today. Great.
Carol 11:50/ 8-Feb Carol keeps her word and calls me back. I tell her that engineer will come by at 13:00.
Arsan 12:11/ 8-Feb Engineer company calls to say that the engineer will now be along between 14:30 and 15:30 (again). Not so happy.
Carol 13:30/ 8-Feb Carol calls me to ensure that things are going well. I tell her that engineer is now coming later.Promises to call back later.


It's now 15:16 and the engineer still hasn't turned up. If he's not here by 15:30 then I think I shall take this complaints as far as it will go. I'll let you know the outcome.

/end rant

Another note
I found out on Monday that I have passed all my exams from Michaelmas. Thank God.

PS. The engineer finally turned up at 17:30 and fixed my computer in less than 1/2 hour. I still think that I will complain formally to Dell, if only to see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home