Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Should I stay or should I go?

After spending nearly 8 years in the UK, I have been thinking alot recently about where in the world I'd like to spend the next 8 years of my life. There is nothing wrong with the UK, I've had some very good times here, the job opportunities are good, I'm familiar with the country and culture and they have Jaffa Cakes. All good things. But is it's time up? Am I ready to move on and explore some other part of the globe?

Tonight I went to listen to Anastasia Tonello of Laura Devine speak on UK/US immigration options for Oxford students. She was a very good presenter and although most of the talk was on how to get into the UK, I did get a chance to speak with her afterwards about the possibility of getting into the US.

Basically, it's very hard to get a Work Permit for the US. Really hard. I haven't decided yet if that information has made me want to work there more or not. My best chance appears to be to recieve a job offer from a firm and have them apply for an H1B visa for me.

So, a poll. Should I stay or should I go?

Answers in the comment field please.

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Hi:

I have an admit from SBS and was looking for some blogs by students. Luckily after a lot of serach I found yours :-)

I would go for US since they value MBAs more than people in UK. Since you were there in UK for some time, why not go and explore the other part of the world? Huh!!!

6:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home