Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The shakeup

Last CE
Last night was our last Christianity Explored class. It's weird to think that it's been seven weeks already. In some ways it feels like longer, in other ways, it's just sped by. My co-leader, James (see picture) was great and together I think we made a great team.

Ok, so the funny hat and balloon were from the crackers we had over dinner at our last meeting. It does make sense - honest.

Setting up the tree
Tim's family are coming to spend Christmas in Oxford this year so the house wouldn't be the same without a Christmas tree. Last Sunday, we put up the tree and all the decorations.

I haven't had a tree in England since I've been here so it's really nice to have one. It will be nice to have a full house at Christmas too, so Tim's family, if you're reading this, come prepared to spill all the dirt on Tim (bring props/pictures if possible)!

The NBD saga continues
I completely gave up on trying to join a group and decided to set one up myself. A much better idea.. I think we've got a pretty good team together and I'm looking forward to working wiht each of them. Today is NBD bid day, when we put in our first, second and third choice projects and hopefully we will get the project we want. It's too soon to tell, I'll let you know the status as soon as I know.

Fingers crossed.

Back to the grindstone
I've just recieved my projects Financial Reporting Analysis to review for 1600 today so it's back to work for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home