Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Super sub fusc

It's week 6 and no one can quite believe that we only have two more weeks until the end of classes in the first term. Michaelmas has sped by and now our thoughts are turning to the exams that will take place in week 10. In fact, we have already recieved our candidate numbers and exam timetable (morning and evening, Monday to Wednesday).

This week the assignments have been coming thick and fast and sleep is becomming an optional extra.




But there is a light. On Monday night I was sitting in the library having skipped the last half of my Managerial Economics class because I had to write my Organisational Analysis essay due the next morning, and I got to that point where I thought, "sack it, why am I stressing so much?". It was a dawning realisation that its fine, it's going to be ok, that I can only do the best that I can do and no more.

Super sub fusc
I have already introduced you to the concept of sub fusc (the outfit that we need to wear for matriculation, exams, graduation etc). On Tuesday we had a mock mock Financial Reporting Exam so some of us in our class decided that we would make the experience a little more real and wear our version of sub fusc... Here are some of the results...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home