Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Week 5

I can't believe that it's nearly Friday again. It feels like only yesterday that I was updating my blog with the stuff that happened last week and it's nearly the weekend again!

So,

Aussie Ball
I'm sure that Tuesday night must have been some special night for Australians because there was a ball on that night and as Kate is an Aussie, we all went along.
The theme of the evening was "A day at the races" hence the hats!





A fabulous time was had by all.


NBD h-e-double hockey sticks
In preparation for next term, we need to get ourselves into groups to do a New Business Development (NBD) project. Over the last few days, it seems as if everyone has been getting into more and more of a frenzy about which group they should be a part of and which project they should do. It's like a high school ball and no one wants to be left out in the end but no one wants to commit until they know who else is involved in a venture. It's very trying for me to go through this process, though I'm sure it's good for me??

Crunch time
It is possible, but the pace is picking up again. Have an Organisational Analysis assignment and a Decision Science assignment due next Tuesday and a major (40% of the grade) Managereal Economics Industry Report due next Friday. If I don't update this blog for a while, you'll know why!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home