Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

It's (not) the End of the World as we know it...

Or so the makers of the movie "The Omen" would have us believe. Today's date is one of those unique occurrences when the number of the day, month and year are all the same - whether you are in Europe or America, the date is 060606. And if you take out the 0's, you get the number of man three times - 666. Oooh, spooky.

But why? The Bible associates the number 666 with only three men:
  • Adonikam: who was a noble sent from Babylon to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple - not very scary at all
  • Solomon: the wisest man in the world. He brought peace and prosperity to the kingdom of Israel during his reign
  • The beast: Rev 13:18 reads "This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast (also called the Antichrist), for it is man's number. His number is 666". If you read the rest of the chapter then you get very confused.

Nostradamus also made predictions about three antichrist's:
  • Napoleon
  • Hitler
  • and another to be revealed, supposedly from the middle East (not America) who should be making his appearance... oops! in 1999!

You know what? My philosophies about all this is that when your time is up, your time is up. I am not going to die one minute before or after my time. No sense worrying about it.

So, what do I say? In the immortal words of REM: ♪ ...I feel fine ♫

1 Comments:

Blogger -tvu said...

But wait...next year there will be 070707=777. God's number...hehehe Even if the world is to end, then next year, it's going to be rebuild and devine. hehe... Very good blog of your MBA experience BTW. Hopefully I can blog about my own MBA experience later (instead of my sometime absurb life), when I restart my application process. Unfortunately, I'm not apply for Oxford.

6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home