Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Mela

Last night we celebrated a night of Indian culture and experiences at the business school. This has become an annual event and is one of the big student led events along with the Chinese New Year and the upcoming Sylvester Awards.

It is an opportunity to demystify the Indian culture, learn a bit about modern India as well as allows us all to dress up in beautiful outfits and eat yummy food. Some have more fun than others...


Afterwards, sitting in the common room with some friends and looking out on the sea of faces all chatting and swigging on the free Cobra beer, it struck me again how fortunate I was right now to be surrounded by the world. My class is a live demonstration of how people from all over the world can live and work together and achieve great things.

I was chatting a guy I met the other day at one of the recent media events who has come along to a few more events since and he said that he can literally feel the energy in the air at the business school. We've created an atmosphere where people value the diversity around us and have found ways to work with each other and produce superior results. It sounds a little happy-clappy but it does mean that when we leave this place, we have the confidence that regardless of race and culture, we can find a way to work together. A valuable insight.

Sit beside me
I'm at N18 R26 C44

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home