Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Oxford Moment

On a completely different train of thought, I have been published! Early on in Hilary, I recieved a mass e-mail inviting any Oxford student to submit photos which represent their Oxford experience to be made into a book and the proceeds given to a number of Charities. So I did. And it got selected to go into the book!


No, it's not this photo, this is just a teaser. The book, Our Oxford, may be pre-ordered on the site and will contain a photo of my friend Kate at our St. Hugh's matriculation. The photo is imaginately titled "Matriculation photo", hmmm...

Capture the Oxford Moment is a book of photographs of Oxford University life and Oxford University traditions - photographs taken exclusively by students. No other book featuring Oxford has ever been composed solely of photographs taken by students.

All profits from sales of the book will go directly to five Oxford charities with a small portion sent back into a printing fund for further copies:

Exeter College Vacation Project - taking underprivileged kids on country holiday
The Gatehouse - a drop-in shelter
Jacari - English tutoring for immigrant children
Oxford Adaptive Rowing Club - rowing for people with disabilities
Emilie's Charities - support for children's programmes in developing countries

All good causes in my opinion, so a good reason to get it, otherwise, at least one of the photos in the book is fantastic and worth the expense!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home