Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Go Team

A plug for the MBA classes to come. Go to the MBA Tournament (MBAT)! It's a great opportunity to take a few days out of our busy schedule and play sport with other MBA students from top Universities throughout Europe.

Forget what they say about MBAT being an opportunity to meet and network with other MBA students - primitive, tribal feelings surface very quickly and it becomes an opportunity to really bond with your classmates and do battle with LBS!

Here are a few tips for any of next year's class:

  • Foosball is what they call babyfootat HEC
  • Eat a big lunch, dinner is very late and sometime a little complicated
  • We are closer in culture to Cambridge than any other team
  • Many of the other teams take the games very seriously and turn up fully decked out in sponsered outfits for each sport
  • LBS in particular takes it very very seriously!
  • Make a real effort for the salsa competition, Oxford now has a rep to protect.
  • Even if don't do well, if we beat Cambridge then we're happy
  • HEC has free wireless internet access on their campus
  • Invite HEC to the Media Summit and treat them very well, they determine which hotel we stay in...
  • Do all your assignments before you get here, it's a killer if you are trying to work while here.

Many, many pictures to come, watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home