Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Saturday, April 08, 2006

San Francisco

I really like San Francisco.

After a stopoff in Santa Clara in the middle of Silicon Valley (I saw where eBay and Yahoo make their home), I continued down Highway 101 to have my first sight of the city of San Francisco!

Just up from the Giants baseball stadium is my lovely hotel, complements of Marriott points earned in my previous job (I knew there were some benefits to being a Consultant).

As I was trying to find some parking for my car - impossible, I ended up driving around SF in the pouring rain. Those of you who know me well will be aware of my slight phobia of bridges, which is why I had a tiny moment of panic when I took this picture.

The San Francisco Bay bridge is not as famous as its counterpart, the Golden Gate bridge which I will attempt to see (though not drive over) today.

I had dinner with some friends of a friend from my course who is also in SF at the moment. It was so nice to meet some real people who live and work here and pretty cool to chat techie stuff with people who work in the Silicon Valley. Really great people.

I really like San Francisco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home