Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Monday, March 27, 2006

It has been Hilarious

So we're all very glad that its finally over. Hilary has been something else. I was sitting in the Common Room today and chatting with one of the MBAers from a few years ago and he was saying that when we look back on Hilary we are going to be amazed at the amount of stuff that we managed to learn in such a short period of time. Maybe, in time I will look back over Hilary and say that it was one of the most intense periods of my life. But then, who knows what life has in store for me...

An Oxford moment
Exams just kind of happened this term. It seemed that they were a minor inconvenience amongst the many assignments that were due in the last few weeks. We were having a coffee one morning in a little café near to the Examinations School when this man who was standing outside took out his camera and started taking pictures of us! I guess we were quite a sight weren’t we?

Lunch afterwards
We found a lovely café/restaurant called Cibo while studying between two exams where the waiters were lovely and let us sit there and drink coffee and study with no fuss. It was such a good experience that after our last exam, we convinced a whole group of people to go there for lunch. There is a good Marketing strategy for you :)

Yummy!

Much relief
The smiles, the sighs of relief, the rekindling of friendships ignored for the last few weeks.








I don't know about you but bring on Trinity!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home