Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Monday, April 03, 2006

THE boat race

Tens of thousands of people line the banks of the river Thames every year to watch the famous boat race between Oxford and Cambridge. I normally (sometimes) watch it on the telly however this year we headed into the Big Smoke to cheer our team on.


We were treated to a typical British spring day, and by that of course, I mean that warm bright sunshine followed chilling torrential downpours and the Thames seemed more swollen than usual.

All that seemed to work for rather than against the Oxford dark blues as they crossed the finish line in 18 minutes 26 seconds, 5 lengths ahead of the Cambridge light blues.

We are doing so well this year, go Oxford!

Catchup with friends
The race was a good laugh but the best part of yesterday was catching up with some friends in London who I haven't seen for some time. Seeing Kate who is almost 8 months pregnant for the first time... the next time I see her she will be a mother! Richard, Charlotte and Petra, thanks for coming out to meet me.

My brother visits
So, I was working in the library on Saturday afternoon and I got a call from my brother who said "hey, we're in Oxford, where are you?". Jean-Marc (my little brother) and a friend of his were in town so I met up with them and took them around some of the colleges then on to the Turf for some food where this picture was taken.

It's really nice to have close family in the same country with you, I haven't had that in a while.

Off on holiday
Tomorrow I fly to California for a much needed break from the bubble that is Oxford. I am really looking forward to spending some time in the Bay area. If you're there and would like to meet up then drop me an e-mail, I'd love to see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home