Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Thursday, April 06, 2006

San Luis Obispo

Hi from Central California! I'm currently in the city of San Luis Obispo which is known affectionately by the residents as SLO (pronounced slow). I got here last night and booked myself into the Peach Tree Inn. A sweet little place which is clean and not too expensive and offers the all important free wireless internet access!

SLO is a beautiful little town which I can't wait to explore this morning once I've finished posting this so I'm going to be brief.

Driving up the coast
California gets more and more beautiful as I drive up the coast towards my destination, San Francisco. Here's a picture of the beach at Santa Monica.


Maps
I don't know why they bother to print maps in this country when they are so far removed from reality. I got completely lost yesterday in Los Angeles which is great when you're on holiday! I happened across the Warner Brothers and Sony Studios totally by chance - how often in your life can you say you did that? I also glimpsed the Hollywood sign through the pouring rain.

Other views from Los Angeles (aka Hollywood)

Marriott hotels
Having amassed an extraordinary number of Marriott points from my previous life, I am staying at one Marriott or another for most of my trip. I have now decided that Mariott hotels the world over are exactly the same. I don't know if it is to provide a sense of constancy for a business traveller or to freak them out when they wake up in the same room but different city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home