Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Friday, September 09, 2005

Signing my life away


I sat in a tiny office on the top floor of the bank on the corner of Corn Street in Oxford last Friday and stared down at the piece of paper that I was about to sign. For the first time it hit me how much money I was borrowing, and for what? It's not like a mortgage when you have a home at the end of the day, at the end of this year, I'll have a piece of paper. Granted, it will be from a world renowned University and will open doors which otherwise would have been
locked, but it's still just a piece of paper... Yikes!

On Saturday night, I met up with some of the current class who will be finishing their course next week. Withough fail, each of them that I spoke with said that they wished that they were in my shoes, starting the course rather than finishing it. Looking on, it does seem that they have really gelled as a group and will be genuinely sad to be moving on. I hope that we get that way in my year.

Everything else seems to be ticking along, a few hiccups, but I guess that's to be expected. Next Friday will be my last day at work and we hope to move in on the 24th September so watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home