Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Monday, August 01, 2005

It's really going to happen!

I got the e-mail from the B-school today saying that they have received my (non-refundable) deposit which has secured my place at the school for October. Oh.. Be still my beating heart!

So, I guess that I've passed the point of no return - well, almost, I think that there will be no return after I hand in my letter of resignation. This is currently planned during a meeting with my manager next Tuesday. (This is the second this year and some kind of record for me) Frankly, I don't think that they will be surprised especially as I plan to refuse to fill out the review forms they have been hounding me to write for months.

Shame. I had such high hopes for this job, but I guess that it has been "a good thing" in that it gave me a real incentive to get up off my rear end and apply to University. Great.

There is so much to do now, look for a place to stay, find someone to rent my room for a year, budget, get stationary, clothes... So many decisions to make, where should I go to church (St. Ebbes)? which college should I choose? where is the nearest salsa club?

I've also recently heard of a scholarship that I can apply to and I need to get a personal statement of not more than 800 words in by the end of next week. Please pray for that right now as it would be so helpful if I didn't have to worry about money for the next year.

God is in control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home