Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Monday, August 15, 2005

The street where we live


What a fantastic weekend! Not only have I met my fabulous soon-to-be flatmate and got along like a house on fire with her, but we also found a place for us to live. All of a sudden, everything feels so much more concrete, like it's really going to happen.


Below on the left is a picture of our new home, a 4-bedroom townhouse with a small garden in a fairly new development minutes away from the business school. And not far into town either. The picture on the right is a lovely little pub/cafe nearby which we hope will become our local watering hole.



Our new houseOur local?


So we've paid an application fee and now we're all in the process of filling out the endless forms needed by the Letting Agents. When I say we, I mean Johannah and I, plus two American guys who are going to be sharing with us. We haven't met them yet, only spoken on the phone and they are both really excited to be coming to Oxford and sharing with us. We are all going to be doing the MBA course together, and living together... Yikes! I hope they're nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home