Vaniah's MBA Diaries

On Saturday 1st October 2005, I started an MBA course at the Said Business School, University of Oxford. I'm still wondering how it all happened that I ended up here but I guess that we must all play the hand that we are dealt. So that I don't forget, this blog is intended to document my business school adventure.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I was born on the sunny tropical isle of Jamaica, and as soon as I could organise it, I moved to colder climes. Crazy huh? After finishing a stint in the city know for its dreaming Spires and knocking around Sweden for a while, I've finaly decided what my next adventure should be. My lovely (Swedish) fiance and I shall be travelling around the world after our wedding in August. Going full circle that is...

Monday, September 18, 2006

It's been a pleasure

How can I adequately write this post? Last Friday we had our final dinner together as a class. This was the last time that we would all get together and eat a meal, drink some wine and enjoy one another's company before we scatter to the ends of the world. A joyous occasion - we have come through much together and succeeded where others have failed, and a sad occasion - from this point onward, nothing will ever be the same again.

I looked around at my table, populated mostly by classmates from my college and smiled as I remembered meeting some of them during week 0 of Michaelmas. They have become true friends and I hope that we manage to stay in touch through the busy times ahead.

I look around the room, there were some people who surprised me, others who changed before our eyes. Some with whom we had our moments, good and bad and others who, I'm sad to say, I never got to know.


It reminds me of a song by LeAnn Rimes which goes like this:

Sometimes the time comes along
When it's time
Time to move on
You'll still be there
In everything that I do
And wherever I go I'll remember you


Goodbyes
I'm not one for long goodbyes, so I'll make it quick. I hope you've enjoyed my blog, that it has informed and inspired you and if some day you'd like to look back and remember, it will be right here waiting.

As for me, it's been the most memorable year of my life, and one that I will remember forever. But for now, all that remains to be said is... Goodbye.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Nice blog.
Would you comment on where you have ended up working?
Did you find a job at yahoo?
Any comments on overall job placements?

12:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vaniah, Thanks so much for making this year a memorable one for me as well...I will continue to reread your posts ..Each time I review I pick up something I like. It was indeed a pleasure meeting you and many of the other MBA students...I wish you well and hope that you continue to be in touch...You have brightened many a day..Blessings to you and Best regards to your family. Margaret, Marty's Mom

2:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home